Realtime Traveller: Year 518, Day 334

Location: Touchdown City, Promise


The best place to shop in Touchdown is the waterfront. Unfortunately you can't get cold weather gear at any shop I could find. Fortunately the milspec suppliers are all online. Better yet, my dad had time to meet me for lunch, so the trip wasn't wasted. And we got my favorite vindaloo piroshki!

After lunch I headed to the spaceport for little more shopping at Gunsmart. I wasn't about to head out to the most remote corner of the planet without a little security. They had absolutely everything, but I settled on the civilian model of SMG I used in the Army - the ProTec PTS-777. Also picked up a cute little ProTec body pistol with a web holster that I could wear under any jacket. Not legal on Promise, but I'm not sticking around here much longer am I?

The clerk packed it all up with some extra magazines and I requested that the drone deliver it to me at Aero tomorrow morning.

Looks like I'm going to see a little more of Promise before I leave it behind.

Illustration by Sparth


Comments

Popular Posts